Tuesday 9 March 2010

Week 10 of Marathon Training 2010

Have just realised that I’m over half way into my marathon training and am now starting to get a bit tense about the whole thing.

Last thing I want to do is be unprepared so am now busy focussing on diet, apparel (finding a fuel belt that doesn’t rub for example) and mental motivation.  Having not eaten carbs, much, for 2 years it’s a miracle I can run at all to be honest so I’m now slowly re-introducing them as had an amazing run the other night having eaten rice for lunch and expect this has something to do with it. I hit a wall at an hour and a half at the weekend so am going to experiment with various energy products to see which work best for me.

The other thing I’m struggling with is morning running. I tend to do my long runs at the weekend in the morning but struggle so much more than if I go in the evening. I think it may be to do with hydration, or just that I can’t run on a full tummy so don’t tend to have breakfast before I set off.

So now a major concern I have is that my first ever marathon starts at 9am and I know I’m not going to be feeling good at all.

Still, have started running outdoors during my lunch breaks which helps with the sciatica which is aggravated by sitting at a desk all day and is much more enjoyable than my previous lunchtime treadmill slogs J

No comments:

Post a Comment