Friday 12 March 2010

Speeding up

Really pleased I’ve managed to improve my speed on my last two training runs; shaved 2.5 mins of my regular lunchtime 5 miler and over 4 minutes off our 5.3 mile route at Wrekin Road Runners running  club on a Thursday evening.

 

I’m not hugely concerned about time for the Shakespeare Marathon but I have definitely noticed that speedwork does improve stamina.

 

Tomorrow I’m scheduled to run for 3 hours which is the longest I’ve ever run and will possibly be the longest training run for the marathon, I have gels and isotonic drink to see if they help, if so they’ll be part of my marathon supplies. Need to carb up a bit today and dose up on Ibuprofen from tonight to try to reduce the swelling around my sciatic nerve.

 

Going to try and do an even faster 5 miler this lunchtime, trouble is you can end up setting an ever increasingly harder target for yourself, which can lead to disappointment, and I don’t like that one little bit J

No comments:

Post a Comment